Wednesday, June 4, 2014


I will start this by saying that I have been very lucky in my life thus far, as I have seen more of the world at the age of 34 than most people see in their life. I have been skydiving in Switzerland, drank snakes blood in Vietnam, celebrated Carnival in Venice, and been horseback riding in Iceland.  I have seen over 40 countries, and lived in both Europe and Asia. If I would have made a bucket list at the age of 18, I am sure I would have come close to completing it at this point in my life. However, luckily for me, it wasn’t until recently that I decided to take the plunge and put down in writing all the things I needed to do and see before I die. 

When people ask me for three words to describe myself, my answer is always the same: I am a wanderer, passionate, and free.

I have an inherent obsession with travel; this never ending desire to see and experience the world. As I step on a plane, train, or in my car I am overcome with the excitement of discovery. What I will see, hear, taste or smell. Who I will meet, and how all these adventures will change my life and how I see the world.  I once read that we travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.   
I decided to make a bucket list, a list of places I wanted to visit, experiences that I wanted fulfill, and the rules I would create that would coincide with this list.  Once created, I would allow no changes to be made. Any other ideas that would naturally arise during the course of completing this bucket list could be added to a "To Do/ To See" list, but not added to my actual bucket list. Some of these would be to visit places like Bled, Slovenia or Sophia, Bulgaria. Places I wanted to see, but not mandatory.  When something is crossed off the bucket list, nothing may be added to take its place. It is a final list and must contain things that are reasonable and attainable.

Let the planning begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment